Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A New Era

Over the last few weeks I have been adjusting to a new norm.  With all three kids in school now, my days are open, free, quiet and full of potential me time.  I realized this week that it has been very easy to take all my time during the day and fill it with things that I like to do.  I have enjoyed the opportunity to watch the cooking channel, blow through several seasons of any number of BBC shows on Netflix, shop at Target amongst a million of other things.

While none of these things are bad, I have lately been feeling the tug of the Holy Spirit.  I have been painfully reminded that I need to and should want to fill my time with activities that will further the Kingdom.  I need to choose to dedicate my "first-fruits" of my newfound freedom to God and leave my selfish desires second.  Certainly an ouch, but an appreciated one.  I am soo thankful for the promptings of the Holy Spirit.  Choosing to spend my free time deliberately will allow me to fulfill the promise that God made to me and all of you!  He promises that we are Oaks of Righteousness to display His splendor.  What an amazing honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment